I think its been 3 or 4 months since I last posted in my blog and I genuinely feel so bad about this 😦 The reason why my posts have been so thin on the ground lately is because I am currently doing a Master’s degree at university…Yep, I have returned back to the days of being a student and the stress of “oh” so many deadlines and assignments. I’m not gonna lie but this Master’s is really taking it out of me!!!
Anyway in the months that I have been absent, I have still managed to hear plenty of brand, new music. Therefore, in this post I am just going to round-up all the new music that I have listened to in the last few months (below):
- Fenech-Soler- Cold Light– The electro-disco group recently released third album, “Zilla” which features the song Cold Light. For a little while, I was not too sure about what I thought of the track because it sounded quite different from their other songs. However once I got over that minor detail, the song grew into an absolute favourite of mine 🙂
- Gallant, Tablo, Eric Nam– Cave Me In – The three artists are all incredible on this dreamy RnB track. I would love to see them collaberate on another song together or possibly form a boy-band 😉 (just kidding, not kidding)
- Will Heard– I Better Love You– This song is from his new EP (Trust). After lending his vocals to songs with Rudimental and Tourist. I’m glad that he is now releasing his own music and people seem to be loving it!!!
- Zak Abel– Unstable– Another great song from an artist that deserves way more attention at the moment.
- DJ Fresh vs. Diplo– Bang Bang (R City, Selah Sue & Craig David)– The song features several different artists, however it was Selah Sue’s smoky vocals that stood out for me. It was music magazine, The Fly (sadly closed for business in 2014) which first got me hooked on Selah Sue’s music after they noted her song, “Raggamuffin” for recommended listening. I don’t know how many people know of the Belgian artist but I’m sure collaborations with huge artists like DJ Fresh and Major Laser will certainly earn her more fans!!!
- M.O– Not In Love– I don’t have enough fingers to count the number of fantastic tracks that this female trio have brought out 🙂
- JP Cooper–September Song– His live vocals are raw, soulful and mesmerising, I can’t believe I am only just hearing about this guy 😉 #Exceptional talent